Patch wants to make your life a little bit easier. Here are a few things to keep in mind today in the Briarcliff Manor and Pleasantville:
1. A new swimming lesson season is starting at Club Fit in Briarcliff Manor next week. From the gym's Facebook page: "A new session of swim lessons is beginning on 9/9. Have you signed your kids up for groups or privates yet? We've got the greatest instructors that can't wait to teach your little ones how to swim and have fun in the water! Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!"
2. Church of the St. Mary the Virgin in Chappaqua is holding auditions for its choir today at 6 p.m. Get all the details here.
3. Wednesday's skies are expected to be clear and sunny with no chance of rain.
4. The Hudson Valley Writers' Center will be honoring Stephen Apkon, founder of Pleasantville's Jacob Burns Film Center next month. Get the details here. In related news, Apkon recently announced he is stepping down from his role as executive director at the local non-profit.
5. With school kicking off and seniors looking toward college, blogger Kristina Wilson asks a salient question: why should you hire a college advisor? Details here.