1. Pleasantville Schools BOE Meeting: The Pleasantville Union Free School District Board of Education will hold a regularly scheduled meeting Wednesday, Jan. 28 at 7:30 p.m. in the high school’s library media center. Included on the agenda are the retirements of faculty members Maryelisa Blundell and Dana Lestz. For the full agenda, click here.
2. Did you see it? Hear it? At 4:30 a.m. this morning, the U.S. Air Force flew over lower Westchester and the Hudson River in the Bronx in preparation for Super Bowl XLVIII, officials say. According to an advisory posted by the Village of Port Chester, a pair of F-16s, one Citation 550 aircraft and a helicopter flew at about 5,000 to 7,000 feet for one hour.
3. Tis the season: Today’s forecast calls for highs in the mid-20s, gusty winds, chance of snow: winter continues.
4. Popular on Patch: An article reporting that suspended police Chief Brian Fanelli was suicidal after his arrest for child porn possession, was the most-read Patch post yesterday.
5. Weather Bowl: The NFL is keeping an eye on the weekend weather for us all.