1. Restaurant Discount for Local Volunteers: Every Wednesday night, many Westchester restaurants – including The Briars in Briarcliff Manor – show their appreciation for those who volunteer in the community by offering percent off your dinner check. Volunteers must show their “ThankYouForCaring” cards, which are free to any not-for-profit for their volunteers from The Volunteer Center of the United Way, or by calling John at 914-424-8888. Full details here.
2. Pleasantville Loves Yarn: Pleasantville Loves Yarn (PLY) is a group of knitters and fiber lovers who meet at the library to learn from each other and enjoy each others company. PLY welcomes all skill levels and any fiber/yarn hobby (knitters, crocheters, spinners, weavers, etc.). Bring whatever you're working on and share your knowledge or learn from the group. This week, they meet Wednesday, Jan. 8 at 1 p.m. in the Mount Pleasant Public Library.
3. Not warm quite yet: While today won’t be quite as cold as yesterday, don’t put away that winter coat just yet. Wind chills are expected to reach a low of 6 degrees below zero before temperatures begin to rise overnight into Thursday.
4. Did you see? A miscommunication between a Dobbs Ferry man and an internet masseuse led to an altercation and an arrest.
5. Warm up with a blog: Have some free time and an itch to get your voice out into the community? Starting a blog on Patch is a great way to do so! Use your Patch blog to share opinions, post photos, get the word out about your organization or business. We can't wait to hear from you.