The first part of this county-wide dining guide identifies restaurants in Westchester County serving turkey meals accompanied by traditional fixings on Thursday, Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 24, 2011.
The second part provides additional information for most of the restaurants.
Prix-fixe costs where provided do not include tax or gratuities and at many eateries the cost of coffee, tea and other beverages is additional. Places open for business on this holiday, but not offering turkey are excluded.
In most cases, the following restaurants offer alternate dining possibilities as well as roast turkey on Thanksgiving Day 2011:
PART ONE: Patch's Thanksgiving Day Dining Directory
- . 20 Wheeler Ave., Pleasantville. 914-741-0717.
- Crabtree’s Kittle House. 11 Kittle Rd., Chappaqua. 914-666-8044.
- Farmhouse at the Bedford Post. 954 Old Post Rd., Bedford. 914-234-7800.
- La Cremaillere. 46 Bedford-Banksville Rd., Bedford. 914-234-9647.
- Division Street Grill. 26 N. Division St., Peekskill. 914-739-6380.
- Henry’s on the Hudson. 634 Main St., Peekskill. 914-737-0515.
- Le Chateau. 1410 Route 35, South Salem. 914-533-6631.
- Moderne Barn. 430 Bedford Rd., Armonk. 914-730-0001.
- Chutney Masala. 4 West Main St., Irvington. 914-591-5500.
- Half Moon. 1 High St., Dobbs Ferry. 914-693-4130.
- Harvest on Hudson. 1 River St., Hastings-on-Hudson. 914-478-2800.
- Maud’s Tavern. 145 Southside Ave., Hastings-on-Hudson. 914-478-2326.
- Red Hat on the River. 1 Bridge St., Irvington. 914-591-5888.
- Arrosto. 25 South Regent St., Port Chester. 914-939-2727.
- Atrium. 975 Anderson Hill Rd., Rye Brook. 914-935-6600.
- Lusardi’s. 1885 Palmer Ave., Larchmont. 914-834-5555.
- Panetiere. 530 Milton Rd., Rye. 914-967-8140.
- Radisson Hotel. 1 Radisson Plaza, New Rochelle. 914-576-3700.
- Zitoune. 1127 W. Boston Post Rd., Mamaroneck. 914-835-8350.
- Bistro Z. 455 South Broadway, Tarrytown. 914-631-5700.
- Equus. 400 Benedict Ave., Tarrytown. At the Castle on the Hudson. 914-631-1980.
- Harvest Grille. 670 White Plains Rd., Tarrytown. 914-631-2200.
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House. 670 White Plains Rd., Tarrytown. 914-631-3311.
- SB&G. 600 White Plains Rd., Tarrytown. 914-332-7900.
- Sunset Cove. 238 Green St., Tarrytown. 914-366-7889.
- 80 West. 80 West Red Oak Lane, White Plains. 914-696-2782.
- BLT Steak. 3 Renaissance Sq., White Plains. 914-946-5500.
- Benjamin Steak House. 610 W. Hartsdale Ave., White Plains, 914-428-6868.
- The Whisk. 66 Hale Ave., White Plains. 914-682-0050. At the Crowne Plaza Hotel.
- Mulino’s of Westchester. 99 Court St., White Plains. 914-761-1818.
- Peter Pratt's Inn. 673 Croton Heights Rd., Yorktown Heights. 914-962-4090.
- Piatto Grill. 90 Triangle Center, Yorktown Heights. 914-248-6200.
- Somers 202. 2 Old Tomahawk St., Yorktown. 914-248-8100.
- Thyme. 3605 Crompond Rd., Yorktown Heights. 914-788-8700.
- An American Bistro. 296 Columbus Ave.,Tuckahoe. 914-793-0807.
- Tombolino. 356 Kimball Ave., Yonkers. 914-237-1266.
- Underhills Crossing. 74 Pondfield Rd., Bronxville. 914-337-1200
- X2O Xaviers on the Hudson. 71 Water Grant St., Yonkers. 914-965-1111.
PART TWO: Supplemental Information for the Dining Directory
80 West. Buffet with omelets to order. Carving stations for roast turkey and leg of lamb. Chicken, codfish, raw bar has oysters, clams, shrimp. Pumpkin pie and sundae bar. Prix-fixe cost: adults $52/kids 12 and under $26; 3 and under free. 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. At Renaissance Westchester Hotel.
Arrosto. Appetizers include Caesar salad and veal meatballs. Main courses: Amish roast turkey, Atlantic cod, 14-oz. shell steak, braised pork "Braciola," bolognese, or mushroom ravoli. Desserts include pumpkin tart, apple cobbler and bouron pecan pie. Prix-fixe cost: adults $48/children $19.95.
Atrium, A buffet feast with Vermont turkey and prime rib cut to order plus chicken, salmon, pasta, crepes, omelets, cheese blintzes, pastries and chocolate dipped strawberries. Prix-fixe cost: $47.50/$19.95. Seating times run from noon to 6:30 p.m. At Doral Arrowwood Conference Resort.
Benjamin Steak House. Choice of pumpkin soup or beet, goat cheese and walnut salad, roast turkey, with yams, potatoes au gratin and cranberry relish, pumpkin pie and vanilla ice cream, coffee or tea. $54.95. A la carte menu also available.
Bistro Z. Buffet. Jumbo shrimp, oysters and clams on half shell, soup, salad, sides, breads and desserts. Entrées: roast turkey, country ham, ravioli and cod. Apple, pecan and pumpkin pies. 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Cost: $38 adult, $19 for young adults and $10 for kids under 12. At the DoubleTree.
Chutney Masala. A la carte menu offers regular dishes plus dishes made with turkey such as Tandoori turkey chaat, a combination of diced tandoor grilled turkey breast, seasoned chickpeas and potatoes, dressed in a tangy tamarind, mint and yogurt dressing. Open from 1 to 9 p.m.
Crabtree's Kittle House. Entrees: John Boy's Farm roast turkey, salmon, venison loin, trout and filet mignon. Deserts include pumpkin pie and pecan pie. Prix-fixe cost: $65 adults/$32.50 (kids under 12)/$20 (Little Pilgrim's menu). Open from noon to 8 p.m.
Division Street Grill. Main courses offered are roast turkey, roast loin of pork and baked salmon. Prix-fixe cost: $40. Open from 1 to 6 p.m.
Equus. All times are sold out except noon and 12:30 pm. Meal includes an appetizer, soup or salad, entree and dessert. Roast Barnyard turkey comes with vegetables, potato puree, sausage and stuffing. Alternate entrée choices: sea bass, lamb, grilled sirloin. Cost: adults $84/children $35.
Farmhouse at the Bedford Post Inn. Four-course meal. Main course choices (in addition to roast turkey with chestnut honey) are branzino, suckling pig and potato gnocchi. Desserts include pumpkin/mascarpone cake. Served from 2 to 8 p.m. Prix-fixe cost: adults $90/children $45.
Half Moon. Entrée choices include carving table selections (turkey, ham, prime rib), salmon and tuna steak. Prix-fixe cost: $49/$22. Some dishes incur a supplemental charge such as double-cut lamb chops ($5 extra). Desserts include pumpkin pie and flourless chocolate cake.
Harvest Grille. Buffet. Cheeses, soup, salads including Waldorf and Caesar. Carving station: turkey and prime rib. Salmon, chicken, pork loin, shrimp scampi. "Pilgrim's" dessert table includes pumpkin pie. Prix-fixe cost: adults $37, kids 6-12 $15, under 6 free. Seating at 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 p.m.
Harvest on Hudson. Patrons can chose from a prix-fixe, family-style menu offering turkey, rib eye or roast ham as the main course or a supplementary menu having other dishes as the main course. Prix-fixe cost for either menu: $52/$26. Open from noon to 10 p.m.
Henry's on the Hudson. Buffet offering roast turkey with fixings, ham with pineapple, butternut squash soup, salads, pumpkin pie. Prix-fixe cost: adults $26.95/children 6-12 $14.95; 2-5 $8.95. Coffee, tea, soft drinks included. Guitarist. Open from noon to 8 p.m. At the Inn on the Hudson.
Iron Horse Grill. Naturally raised roast turkey comes with sourdough stuffing. Alternate entrées: medallions of venison, cod, veal chop and Arctic char. Desserts include cranberry bread pudding and pumpkin creme brulee. 914-741-0717. Prix-fixe cost: adults $55/kids $30.
La Cremaillere. Will serve its regular menu but will add roast turkey with all the trimmings as an a la carte choice at $38 from 12:30 to 8 p.m.
Le Chateau. Entrées in addition to roast turkey include trout, loin of pork, veal chop, filet of beef (extra $4) and sea scallops with mussels (extra $3). Cost: adults $63. Desserts include pumpkin cake and Grand Marnier soufflé (extra $8).
Maud's Tavern. A la carte menu includes turkey dinner with cornbread cranberry stuffing ($24.50) or gluten-free-stuffing version (same price). Other entrées: cornish hen ($20.50), filet mignon ($23.95), chicken breast ($18.95), Long Island duck ($22.95) and filet of sole ($21.95).
Moderne Barn. Tasting menu offers roast turkey with cornbread stuffing and cranberry chutney, prime rib, lamb shank, salmon and lobster black truffle risotto. Desserts include pumpkin pie, apple crisp and flourless chocolate torte. Prix-pixe cost: adults $49, children $24.50. Open from 1 to 7 pm.
Mulino's of Westchester. Roast turkey is priced at $23.75. An a la carte menu is available.
Peter Pratt's Inn. Ala carte menu with entrée prices beginning at $25, children's menu available. Served from 1 to 7 p.m.
Piatto Grill. Choice of roast turkey dinner with butternut squash soup and all the fixings including sweet potato or maple glazed ham. Cost: $29.95 for two. Served from 4 to 10 p.m.
Radisson Hotel. Buffet. Butternut squash soup, salad, baked ziti, roasted porchetta, desserts and more. soda and coffee included. Prix-fixe cost: adults $36/children under 10 $21. In the Empire Ballroom from noon to 6 p.m.
Red Hat on the River. Organic Heritage turkey comes with sausage, dried fruit and pine-nut stuffing, haricots verts, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce and gravy. Alternate entrées: salmon, duck, gnocchi and Claiborne steak ($10 extra). Prix-fixe cost: $65/$30. Served from 12:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Ruth's Chris Steak House. Choice of soup or salad, roast turkey with stuffing and cranberry sauce, and a duo of pumpkin cheesecake and vanilla ice cream. Cost: $34.95 per adult and $12 per child. Three-course menus including filet mignon, ribeye steak and other dishes available. 1 to 8 p.m.
Somers 202. A three-course turkey dinner is offered for $25. An abbreviated a la carte menu will also be available. Open from 1 to 7 pm.
Sunset Cove. Buffet to include roast turkey. Prix-fixe cost: adults $35, children $25. Seating is available from noon to 3 p.m. Credit-card number required with reservation.
The Whisk. Buffet. Carved roast turkey with sausage stuffing or honey glazed ham. Other choices: braised short ribs, pork, cod and ravioli. Salads and desserts. Champagne and live music. Prix-fixe costs: adults $48, children 5-12 $24, under 5, free. Seating every half hour from 12:30 to 4 p.m.
Thyme. Will serve a prix-fixe brunch from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and an a la carte dinner from 3 to 8 p.m.
Underhills Crossing. Roast turkey with chestnut and cranberry stuffing will be offered a la carte at $24 or as part of a complete dinner at $40. Open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Zitourne. Moroccan spiced turkey breast with sweet potato, chestnut puree and cranberry sauce. Alternates: leg of lamb shank or halibut. Pumpkin soup. Crisp filo pocket with turkey, saffron, almond, cinnamon. Yogurt desserts. $40 includes glass of wine and coffee or tea. From 1 to 8 p.m.