With February 14 just a week away, it's time to make reservations for one of the most popular days to eat out in the entire year. Here's a sampling of some Briarcliff Manor and Pleasantville restaurants special menus for the holiday of love.
in Pleasantville is offering a special prix fixe menu for $65 on Valentine's Day. Diners will have a choice of five first courses including:
- Classic lobster bisque
- Roasted sweet red pepper and ricotta ravioli
- Bouquet of prosciutto, baby arugula and endive
The five main course choices include:
- Honey-basted plump breast of duck
- Broiled loin of George's Bank cod
- Star anise-glazed arctic char
For dessert, the five choices include:
- Passion fruit-blackberry tart with honey ice cream
- "Cupid's Target"—blood orange chiffon, chocolate arrow
- Chocolate marquis with pistachio-mint ice cream
in Briarcliff Manor is hosting a special "Evening of Wine and Chocolate" on Saturday, Feb. 11 at 7 p.m. The five-courses will each be paired with wine:
- Warm pecan and chocolate-encrusted goat cheese round
- Chocolate-hazelnut soup with leek, green salad with chocolate nib vinaigrette
- Cocoa-ancho pepper rubbed beef tenderloin with maple sweet potato puree and roasted mushrooms
- Hot chocolate with homemade brule marshmallow and graham crackers.
Pleasantville's plans to serve its regular lunch and dinner menus on Valentine's Day, as well as "some enticing specials to celebrate the occasion," according to its website.
In Briarcliff Manor, is offering a special appetizer/entrée menu for Valentine's Day with three choices of appetizers:
- Baby spinach and arugula salad
- Soft shell crab over greens
- Broiled jumbo scallops
Patrons can choose from eight different entrées, which include:
- "Love Seafood Pasta"—homemade linguine with lobster, salmon, scallops, calamari, shrimp, tomatoes, asparagus, green peas in a light tomato sauce
- "Pollo di Amore"—sautéed chicken breast with baby shrimp, fresh tomatoes, capers in white wine sauce
- "Valentine Fettuccine Pasta"—homemade fettuccine pasta with baby clams, broccoli rabe, cherry tomatoes, canelli beans, baby shrimp, in a garlic and olive oil
The restaurant will also be offering a dessert special (Neopolitan Heart Cake for two, priced at $12.95) and a $10.95 bar drink special.