Thursday, 6:05 p.m. Update
- Con Edison officials said this evening that most of Westchester Countyshould have power restored by the end of next weekend.
- 1,993 Briarcliff Manor Con Ed customers are reportedly still without power; 1,228 in Pleasantville.
- Route 117 traffic lights in Mount Pleasant (at Route 9A, Route 448) are still without power. Drive safely!
- Drivers around Westchester County and the greater tri-state area are finding gas is hard to come by. Tell us where you have had success finding gas (or not) in the comments below.
Thursday, 3:05 p.m. Update
- Pleasantville schools will be on a two-hour delay schedule again tomorrow. From Superintendent Mary-Fox Alter: "The delay allows more time for our staff to travel. It also allows our families and teachers who do not have power to get ready for school in the daylight. I appreciate all your comments and input. Again, please use caution as you make individual decisions for your family."
- Check out the latest storm damage photos and add your own here.
- Here is an update for Briarcliff Manor residents.
- The Clear View School Annual Dinner Auction has been rescheduled to Saturday, Nov. 17. Further information can be found at www.clearviewschool.org.
Thursday, 12:50 p.m. Update
- Still without power? Con Edison is distributing dry ice in Armonk until it runs out today.
- Pleasantville Village Administrator Patricia Dwyer said today, "There is no certainty about when restoration crews will be in Pleasantville."
- Pleasantville's DPW phones are still out o service. Call Village Hall at 769-1975 or 769-1895.
- The Briarcliff Manor Public Library reports its wireless is now up and running.
- The Mount Pleasant Public Library's Pleasantville branch is offering extended hours through the weekend:
- Friday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sunday 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
"Many members of our community remain without power and we are fortunate to be in a position to help out thanks to the strong support we receive from the Town of Mount Pleasant and Village of Pleasantville," said Library Director John Fearon in a statement this afternoon. "At a time like this our community needs a place to go where they can warm up, connect with other members of the community and access the internet."
Thursday, 10 a.m. Update
- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino is assuring residents that"...Con Edison is not diverting any resources from Westchester to New York City or other parts of the region."
- Given the extensive damage in Mount Pleasant, tonight's planning board meeting has been canceled. All items on the agenda have been adjourned to Monday, Nov. 19.
- As on this morning, 2,042 Con Edison customers in Briarcliff Manor and 1,228 in Pleasantville remain without power.
- Con Edison said today that after yesterday's assessments, there will be "significant progress" over the next two days.
- Looking for affordable entertainment? Pleasantville's Axial Theatre is continuing its shows of Awake and Sing! tonight through Sunday—but in light of the storm, there will be a "pay-what-you-can policy" for tonight's and tomorrow's showtimes.