The victim of for mentally disabled adults has been identified, along with his cause of death.
The Westchester County Medical Examiner's office said the man was Richard Bouman, a 50-year-old resident who died in the third-floor apartment where the fire broke out. The fire has been ruled as an accidental electrical one, starting due to a mafunctioning outlet.
Bouman's official cause of death was asphyxiation from inhalation of smoke containing carbon monoxide, the examiner's office said. Bouman's body was discovered after firefighters put out the fire, which was responded to at 43 Highland Ave., at around 9:20 p.m. The blaze was put out within minutes, with about 80 firefighters from Mount Kisco and Bedford Hills at the scene.
The group home was operated by the Community Living Corporation.