One Croton resident is dead and his brother hospitalized after an apparent overdose of heroin this afternoon, police said.
Police were called by the men's father.
Patrols found the men at their home at 6 Wren Ln., in the Town Ridge development near the Cortlandt border.
Croton Police Sgt. John Nikitopolous said the 911 call came in at 1:28 p.m. March 19 to New York State police because it was made from a cell phone.
Patrols responded to the townhouse complex and found George Landers, 25, in his bedroom on the second floor. He was unresponsive.
His younger brother, Michael Landers, 23, was found in the living room.
After police cleared the scene, a paramedic pronounced George Landers dead at 1:45 p.m. His body was removed by the Westchester County Medical Examiner's office.
Michael Landers, who was conscious, was transported to Phelps Memorial Hospital in Sleepy Hollow by the Croton EMS, Nikitopoulos said.
An autopsy on the 25-year-old Croton-on-Hudson man is planned for this morning, the Westchester County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Police had intersected the Landers brothers' connection with drugs twice in the past six months.
Michael Landers was arrested Aug. 17 with 69 glassine envelopes of heroin after police responded to a tip about a drug sale going down on Lark Lane, The Cortlandt Daily Voice reported.
Lark Lane is a cross-street with Wren Lane in the Ridge Hill Homes townhouse development where Michael and George Landers live with their father.
At the time Michael Landers was charged with criminal possession of narcotics and criminal possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell, both felonies.
He had just turned 23.
In September 2012, George Landers was arrested by state police and charged with possession of a hypodermic instrument, aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and criminal possession of a controlled substance, all misdemeanors. The incident took place on Springvale Road, according to The Journal News.
Police are investigating yesterday's incident but believe the heroin may have been too strong or tainted, officers told Newsday.