"The rink is open...it's time to skate!"
At long last, the Briarcliff Manor Recreation Department opened its Law Memorial Park ice skating rink today.
"The rink officially opens at 12 noon on Thursday, January 24th, so stop by the Recreation office, get your skating tags and enjoy the Village's newest recreational offering!" the department said in a village email blast Thursday.
Village Manager Philip Zegarelli said the "near zero temperatures" finally allowed the new rink to accumulate five inches of ice—enough for skating.
Click here to read the village's brochure about the skating rink.
While the rink's opening will be decided on a day-to-day basis, the National Weather Service is predicting more below-freezing days ahead.
On Friday, a 20 percent chance of snow is predicted with a high of 20 degrees. Tomorrow night, the chance of snow increases to 80 percent.
Click here to read the rink's schedule.
Zegarelli also asked residents to familiarize themselves with the safety-related information posted outside the rink, as well as avoid frozen bodies of water throughout the village, including the Law Park pond and those at the Trump National Golf Club, which have not been deemed safe for skating.