The following is from Briarcliff Manor Village Manager Philip Zegarelli:
1. Power Restoration: outages are reported at 5%. The last major area is on Pine Road and spot areas elsewhere. Power Restoration ETAs are anticipated for today. Individual power outages remain problematic.
2. Individual Restorations:
- Several individual homes or offices may still not have power. These outages are largely due to individual, secondary line problems. If this happened to you, you need to call Con Ed at 1-800-75-CON ED to create a new “ticket.” Make sure to take down the“ticket number” since this represents your own specific, individual situation. Send the ticket number to me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Con Ed is responsible for your service from the pole to what is called the “splice” at your home. BUT you are responsible from the “splice” to the meter (and into your home electrical panel). If you have an individual service outage, you need to hire an electrician and file for a VBM Electrical Permit. Your work has to be inspected. I know this is daunting but it is for your own protection. Questions: call the Building Department at 944-2770.
3. Clean-Up: our DPW has been working extended hours all week. Our equipment has been re-converted to be used for debris pick-up. DPW teams will be working extended hours on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and on Veterans Day, Monday, a holiday. We will endeavor to hit the debris strewn areas as best as possible. Previously, we have alerted you about the separation of debris: please direct questions to DPW at 941-9105.
4. Storm Declarations: Both Hurricane Sandy and the recent nor’easter Athena have been combined for Federal (FEMA) and NYS (SEMO) reporting. We are coordinating all municipal (government) damages … if you have separate items that should be forwarded to the village … please mail or e-mail them to my attention. The following is provided by Westchester County: The FEMA Disaster Recovery Center is now open at:The Westchester County Center198 Central AveWhite Plains, NY 10606Hours of Operation: 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM, 7 days a week including Veterans DayParking: Parking is free to those visiting the FEMA DRC.
The center will be staffed with representatives from:
- Con Edison to answer customer questions about outages and restorations;
- FEMA to help individuals, households apply for financial aid for losses and damages caused by the storm;
- The Small Business Administration (SBA), which will help businesses apply for low-interest loans for storm-related damages … and … SBA representatives, who can explain low-interest loan packages available to individuals, non-profits and businesses of any size;
- A variety of social services agencies to provide residents with recovery assistance; a
- The Department of Health, which will be giving free tetanus shots to anyone involved with cleanup, at the County Center Friday, Saturday and Sunday and at other locations.
FEMA strongly advises that people register prior to visiting the disaster center. Residents can apply for FEMA aid without coming to the County Center. The first step is to register either by calling FEMA’s registration number 1-800-621-3362; or logging into www.disasterassistance.gov. For those with speech or hearing disabilities, use the TTY number at 800-462-7585.
Go to FEMA’s Disaster Recovery Center Locator: at http://asd.fema.gov/inter/locator/home.htm
5. Other Items:
- Hard-Wired Generators require village permits; remember to call the Building Department at 944-2770. Yesterday we attached BMFD Chief Mike King’s concerns about the use/installation of generators. If you missed it, go to our web-site…http://briarcliffmanorny.virtualtownhall.net/Pages/BriarcliffManorNY_News/03AF7DB4-000F8513
- Library /Community Center is back to normal hours.
- Parks, Trails and Fields: remain closed. It’s a safety issue. Check with your coaches for changes.