As 2011 winds down, the deadline to pay the second portion of village taxes is quickly approaching—Saturday, Dec. 31.
Pleasantville Village Treasurer Mary Schwartz said in a memo today that you have until Tuesday, Jan. 3, 2012 to get your taxes in to , since it will be closed on Monday in observance of the new year.
Here is what Schwartz further said about tax payments:
"Here are some options, reminders and tips to avoid the 5 percent penalty that must be assessed, in accordance with state law, on late payments:
- Payments may be mailed with a legible US Postmark (NOT Pitney Bowes) on or before that date.
- Payments may be made online on the Village’s website at www.pleasantville-ny.gov.
- The convenience fee for e-check payments is $1 (for both tax and water payments), and the fee for credit card payments is 2.5 percent for tax. (Please note that the credit card fee for water payments is based on a tiered structure, and is not a flat 2.5 percent rate.)
- This alternate method of payment is provided as a convenience. However, the site is occasionally down for maintenance, as needed, and the inability to access or use this site does not waive the requirement that payments be received on or before the deadline.
- Payments may be made in person during regular business hours, which are Monday through Friday (except for holidays), 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Please Do Not try to slip payments under the door when the office is closed—this may result in a penalty, as such payments must be considered received if and when found.
If you have any questions or need any additional information, please call our office at (914) 769-1997."
If you weren't able to get to during the extended hours over the past few weeks, you must pay by end of business on Tuesday, Jan. 3, 2012 to avoid any late fees.
Village Hall will be closed on Monday in observance of the holiday.
You can click here to pay your real estate taxes and water bills online using a credit card or e-check.
If you choose to send via mail, payments must have a legible U.S. Postmark (not Pitney Bowes) dated on or before the deadline.
For tax billing questions, call (914) 944-2723. For water billing questions, call (914) 944-2776.