Update: Saturday, 1 p.m.
Pleasantville Mayor Peter Scherer shared today that The Jacob Burns Media Arts Lab (405 Manville Rd.) will be open to residents without power tomorrow from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
There will be family movies in the screening room from 10 a.m. to 1p.m., followed by Sunday football.
WiFi will also be available.
Here is an updated notice from Briarcliff Manor Fire Chief Michael King:
Our House is your House!!
The Briarcliff Manor Volunteer Fire Department presents…. Movie Night at the Firehouse!
Residents of Briarcliff can take a break from the aftermath of Sandy and bring your family to the main Firehouse for some movie night fun! We will be serving hot dogs, chicken nuggets and drinks. We will set up a power station to recharge your cell phones and laptops. Parents must stay for the movie.
Date: Tonight Saturday Night: 11/3/12
The BMFD will be showing a movie for:
Todd School Kids from 6PM to 8PM – Movie to be determined
It is up to the parents if they want their children to stay for the second showing.
Middle and High School Kids from 8PM to 10PM – Movie to be determined
Location: 1111 Pleasantville Rd – 2nd floor meeting
Stair access only…… there is no elevator!
Email RSVP: If you can email me at FDChief@briarcliffmanor.org with the number of family members attending the movie it will help us understand the attendance for the shows.
Thank you and hope to see you at the BMFD movie night!
It's anything but a typical weekend in Pleasantville and Briarcliff Manor as locals continue to recover from Hurricane Sandy five days later.
Local businesses and governments are working to make things easier for those whose homes have suffered damage and power outages.
Con Edison officials say they continue to address the "thousands" of power-related issues in Westchester County and anticipate bringing all affected customers back on the grid by the end of next weekend. As of 12 a.m. today, more than 110,000 remain without power in the county.
As a result, both village libraries have free power and WiFi and have extended their hours through the weekend:
Briarcliff Manor Public Library
- Saturday — 10 a.m. to 9 pm.
- Sunday — 12 to 9 p.m.
Mount Pleasant Public Library
- Saturday — 10 a.m. to 8pm
- Sunday — 1 to 8 p.m.
Other places to go include:
- The Pleasantville Farmers' Market (regular time and place)
- The Rosenthal Jewish Community Center in Pleasantville is offering power, WiFi and playtime to local families: Saturday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Free play in the gym and movies and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Movies and arts and crafts (gym not available)
- The Briarcliff Manor Fire Department will host another movie night for kids tonight: 6 to 8 p.m. — elementary school kids and 8 to 10 p.m. — middle school kids.
- The Fire Department is also serving as a warming center from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. today and tomorrow.
- Todd Elementary School today and tomorrow from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Many Westchester County businesses .
- Pace University's homecoming weekend is going on as planned. Support the Setters all-weekend-long. Check the full homecoming schedule.
Check out other local places that have been offering services to the public over the past few days here.
*Don't forget about Daylight Savings! Set your clock to "fall back" before bed tonight!
Continue to check with Patch for the latest post-Sandy updates here.
Did we miss anything? Share with your neighbors in the comments!