Here are the major players in the Tappan Zee Bridge rebuild from the bridge's owner, the Thruway, to the team eager to get building.
From the NYS Thruway Authority:
Thomas J. Madison, Jr., executive director
- "I think we're on a pace to make this one of the most transparent and community-involved projects any where in the county."
And the design-build team of Tappan Zee Constructors, LLC:
Walter Reichert, project manager and vice president
- "We are more builders than theoreticians. This is the part that we like."
Carla Julian, community outreach/diversity manager
- "You'll have full access to me."
Jeffrey Han, PE
- "It's a once in a lifetime opportunity for many of us, especially to be able to work on such an important and complex project in your backyard."
John Duschang, environmental manager
- "The environmental team is imbedded both within the design and within the constructors."
Chris Woods, DBE compliance manager
- "We put together a program that has the mechanisms that we need to level the playing field to make sure that we have participation."