The following is from the Briarcliff Manor Union Free School District:
Briarcliff Manor UFSD and Fuller and D’Angelo Architects are in the final design and planning stages of a capital project that we expect to submit to the State Education Department (SED) shortly.
Since the plan (including schematic designs) received voter approval back in May, numerous meetings have been held amongst user groups to determine the detailed needs of the newly constructed or renovated spaces. These spaces include the Todd classrooms, music rooms, science labs, dance studio fitness room, and athletic fields. At the same time, architects and engineers have been preparing final plans for updating and improving infrastructure items as prescribed by the project, including electrical and HVAC upgrades.
Listed below is the current timeline of events related to the project:
- Late November to early December 2012: Project submitted to SED
- Mid-March 2013: SED approval
- Mid-March to Mid-April 2013: Bidding process
- Early June 2013: Construction begins on all Todd School renovations, all MS/HS renovations, Game Day Field (through late Nov. 2013)
- September 2013: Construction begins on Todd Athletic Field (through April 2014*)
- June 2014: Construction begins on Baseball Field (Through Oct. 2014) and H.S. Field Hockey (through April 2015*)
*includes time for root establishment on natural turf fields