The budget vote and Board of Education election for the will take place on Tuesday, May 17 from 6:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. at .
Registered district voters are invited to vote on:
- The by the Board of Education for the 2011-12 academic year.
- The election of two trustees for the Board of Education to replace the expiring positions of and Trustee Lois Winkler, which expire on June 30. The elected trustees will serve on the Board of Education for three-year terms, beginning July 1.
- The adopted budget totals $44,796,317 million, a $113,544 or 0.25 percent increase compared to the current year's adopted budget.
- The estimated tax rate increase is expected to increase by 1.69 percent compared to the current year's rate, which represents a 0.8 percent increase in overall levy.
- The adopted budget eliminates 8.2 full-time equivalent positions. Read more about the cuts and .
Trustee Candidate Details
The three candidates running to fill two positions on the Board of Education are (in alphabetical order): Louis Conte, Angela Vella and incumbent Lois Winkler. The three candidates last week, answering community members' questions. Click the candidates' Patch Q&A articles below to learn more about them:
Check back with Patch on Tuesday night for budget and election results.