In Pleasantville, voting takes place at the middle school and polls are open from 6:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Two candidates are running for two seats on the Pleasantville Board of Education: Louis Conte and Angela Vella.
Also on the ballot in Pleasantville:
- The trustees' proposed $47.41 million spending plan for 2014-15
- A non-binding vote on a partial property tax exemption for veterans. The trustees want to gauge public opinion on this exemption, which would shift the property tax burden from those veterans who would receive it to all other taxpayers in the district starting in 2015-16. The increase for all other taxpayers is estimated to be $33 per parcel.
- A $4.06 milion bond referendum for facilities safety, security and infrastructure improvements, including: replacing the 3 synthetic turf fields, installing bleachers at the middle-school/high-school field, repairing field drainage and replacing the track; roof and sidewalk repair; and asbestos abatement.
In Briarcliff Manor, voting takes place from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. at Todd Elementary School.
On the ballot in Briarcliff:
- The trustees' proposed $49.3 milion budget for 2014-15
- Gregory Dow and Jennifer Rosen are vying for one seat on the Board of Education
Trustees serve 3-year terms and are unpaid.