Archived Hurricane Sandy updates from Sunday, Oct. 28 in Pleasantville-Briarcliff Manor.
Sunday, 5 p.m. Update
- Briarcliff Manor schools will be closed Monday; all acitivites also canceled.
- The Red Cross will open five emergency shelters in Westchester.
- The Mount Pleasant Public Library will not open Monday. No late fees for items returned when it re-opens.
- Westchester County's Bee-Line bus and Paratransit service will be suspended beginning at 9 p.m.
Sunday, 1:30 p.m. Update
- Pleasantville Schools will be closed Monday. From Superintendent Mary Fox-Alter: "In light of tomorrow's forecast, the Pleasantville Schools will be closed. Please stay off the roads tomorrow."
- MTA Service will be suspended as of 7 p.m. Sunday.
- Pace University's Pleasantville and Briarcliff Manor campuses will be closed on Monday—all classes and administratives offices will be closed. The school will make a decision before 12 p.m. on Monday about whether to reopen on Tuesday.
- Home Depot in Valhalla reports being sold out of generators, sand bags, sump pumps and gas tanks.
- From the Pocantico Hills Central School District website: "We will be monitoring the weather carefully and using Connect Ed and this website to provide our community with school closing updates."
- In the event of a power outage, Club Fit in Briarcliff Manor will allow the public to use its showers (if they have power!).
Become a blogger today!
Get started now