Six teachers have been awarded tenure, the board of education announced last week.
- Christina Gibson (speech & hearing handicapped)
- Pauwla Groenewoud (teaching assistant)
- George LaMar (special education)
- Joanna Stratigakis (elementary)
- Lindsey Swerdloff (special education)
- Staci Tedrow (special education)
Tenure is effective for all the candidates on September 1.
After unanimously voting in favor of the appointments, the board congratulated the teachers.
Board President Lois Winkler said, "Getting tenure in this district is not to be regarded lightly. Just getting a job in the district is an intensive process."
"A probationary teacher has multiple observations...it's quite a rigorous process," added Superintendent Mary Fox-Alter.